Music News Headlines - Yahoo! News

Sunday, September 15, 2013

''We Had To Cover Three Black Eyes''



Dr. Dre and "R&B Divas" star Michel'le had a tumultuous relationship in the 1990s. During the reunion show, host Wendy Williams asked if any of the ladies in the cast had had plastic surgery, and Michel'le revealed that she'd had procedures on her nose due to the legendary superproducer breaking it numerous times.

When Wendy asked if it was Dre who'd hit her or Michel'le's other famous 90s boyfriend, Death Row founder Suge Knight, Michel'le made it clear that it was Dre.

"He knows it. It was very public. It was very, very public so that wasn’t a secret," she explained. "I did five videos and we had to cover three black eyes. It seemed like the day before a video, I would get a black eye and we had to cover it. I truly, truly, truly loved him, but it was okay and I truly thought he loved me. I didn’t take it as anything bad, nor did I grow up seeing it in my household."

"I finally realized that that wasn’t good, and believe it or not the person who helped me see that was Suge who helped me see that it wasn’t a normal thing," she added. "Suge tried to [rough me up] one time but by that time I was over it. Things flying. I was ready then. I appreciated that [Suge helped me out]. I know it sounds really crazy but it was my life. I can truly say that a lot of things that happened in my life, saved my life. Everything I’m going through saved my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment