Music News Headlines - Yahoo! News

Friday, August 9, 2013

Nas Help Raise $35,000 For Homeless Father Of 8


We always here about the negative when it come to Hip Hop artist so it is refreshing to hear about the good Hip Hop artist do. Nas came across the story about single father, Stanley Young who is a single father of 8 who lost his home to a fire. The unemployed construction worker has been staying in a hotel with his family since he lost his home to the fire 2 weeks ago but time is running out and they will have to vacate the hotel by August 13th. Nas took to the fundraising site Crowdtilt to ask for help for the family. This is the message Nas posted on the site….Stanley Young is an unemployed construction worker and single father. Two weeks ago, a fire destroyed his home. His family is stuck in a hotel, but time is running out. I could barely watch his tragic story on the news…– they will be kicked out by August 13th if we don’t do something to help now.I am also a single father, and we don’t get enough credit in this country. I’m committed to helping Stanley and his eight (yes 8!) kids. Moreover, I believe and hope that we should all, as a community, come together to help our fellow American men and women when they need us in desperate situations like this. See if you can’t find a few dollars to help the Youngs get back on their feet with me. We need to raise enough to extend their stay, and maybe even afford a down payment on a new house or something.

This is real. It is me. I’m putting in $5,000 myself. Never done something like this, but I have faith that our American community can pull together a miracle for this strong family who needs our help right now. If we can get to the $20,000 goal, I’ll put in another $5,000 too.

Thanks and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment