Music News Headlines - Yahoo! News

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fat Joe Prepare too go too prison " I am not Jay- Z or none of that "

Fat Joe visited "The Breakfast Club" on yesterday (August 5th) where the Bronx-born rapper spoke at-length about his tax troubles. Joe is set to enter prison on August 26th to serve four months for failing to file his tax returns. The hip hop star explained that his accountant mishandled his records, which led to the violations.

“He took over my stuff...I had the guy paying all my bills, so I’m wiring him money every month to pay all my bills, my taxes," Hoe explained. "I’m asking him if everything is alright. He said, ‘It’s cool,’ this and that, right? He’s doing everything. So one day I go get a car and then I went to get my credit report...so the guy was like, ‘Yo, you sitting down?’ I thought he was joking. He was like, ‘Yo, this shows here that none of your mortgages is paid. None of your cars is paid. None of this.’ So this is how I found out. So I called [my accountant] up and..the next day he paid everything off.”

He said the IRS then notified him of owed money. "'You still owe 60 [thousand],'” Fat Joe said. “So I wrote a check right quick for the $60,000. [I] “wound up spending like [$1.2 million] in the end. And I’m not Jay Z or none of that. And penalties was on top of that. After you pay them off, they hit you with, ‘Surprise!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment