Music News Headlines - Yahoo! News

Monday, June 20, 2016

Who is Scooby Smith....




1. What’s going on? Please introduce yourself and tell us where you’re from.

I'm Scooby smith, an independent hip hop artist rising out of sheboygan ,Wisconsin. 

 

2. When did you start rapping and who or what inspired you?

I started freestyle  rapping around age 13. I started because my mother's boyfriend at the time ran a studio so of course me without a father I looked up to him and what he did. Started to join him in sessions, started to learn ways of recording. Before you know it I was putting him in his place when it came to my flow.

3. As an up and coming artist, do you find it difficult to maintain personal relationships while perusing your music career?

I find it extremely difficult, especially if your having to tour across country it's very hard for some women to grasp their man leaving them for shows. And honestly I don't blame them cuz everyone handles temptation different. Friends too, it's hard to keep my word with little plans like to see a movie or even out for drinks when so many different things between studio, shows,  and promotion it's hard to find time, mist won't believe you because their not in your shoes.

4. Tell us something you enjoy doing [besides music] that most people don’t know.

Almost all my free time besides music goes to my beautiful 5 year old daughter Maiyanah. Even just being in her presence calms me and relieves stress.

I also love lacing up my nike's and hitting the basketball court when I can.

5. Currently, what project or single are you working on or pushing & where can we find it?

Right now I'm pushing the track "Bag It Up" which you can find on itunes, Spotify, Soundcloud under artist Scooby Smith. Also working on a new single "Like me" with producer jus bonafide out of Atlanta, Georgia. You will be able to catch all of this on the upcoming mixtape Back2basics 

6. What’s been the most memorable moment so far in your music career?

 Most definitely my last show in Dallas Texas with the well known underdog rapper Colby Bright. Also appearance from Mike Jones. The atmosphere was great and got alot of love down there. And the night life down there was awesome!

7. If you could work with any artist, (current or past) who would it be and why?

Hands down  lI would love to have a sing with Anthony Hamilton on the hook. But someone to perform with I would love to do a show with nipsey hussle

8. What are your goals musically for the remainder of this year?

Grow a much larger fan base, more radio play, and push Back2basics mixtape, also hit the road hard hopefully be touring throughout the country by end of year 

9. Tell everyone where they can find you? [Websites, Social media, Booking info etc]

 Phone number: 920-334-0588

EMAIL: scoobyjoa@gmail.com 

Facebook: Shelton smith

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment